REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (Assignment Title: Senior Environmental and Social Advisor for Rogun Project Management Group Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/IC/13)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Republic of Tajikistan
Project Management Group
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (Rogun PMG)
Assignment Title: Senior Environmental and Social Advisor for Rogun Project Management Group
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/IC/13
The Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services of Senior Environmental and Social Advisor for Rogun.
The main task carried out by Senior Environmental and Social Advisor for Rogun is to establish communications and remaining in close contact with both the E&S Consultant’s and Rogun PMG, participating in a meetings at the offices of the E&S Consultant or in Tajikistan to review comments on the initial draft of the updated ESIA and Phase 2 RAP and agree on expected revisions, reviewing and commenting on E&S Consultant deliverables (see section IV below), including planning documents such as survey plans, and advising Rogun PMG when key plans and deliverables can be considered fit for purpose, etc.
The Terms of Reference for the assignment can be found at the following link:
- Master’s or PhD degree in multidisciplinary environmental sciences or relevant engineering disciplines
- 15+ years of relevant experience in managing and advising multidisciplinary and multilingual teams on international projects involving environmental and social planning and support
- 10+ years of experience in both reviewing and preparing ESIAs, RAPs, and multidisciplinary studies to meet international standards
- 10+ years of experience in applying World Bank and other IFI E&S standards to hydropower and/or other large energy projects, including 4+ years in applying the World Bank’s 2018 ESF
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in Central Asia
- Experience in Tajikistan and fluency in Russian and/or Tajik a plus.
The Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, copy of documents evidencing appropriate qualifications and skills, experience and competence related to the task, description of similar tasks performed, references, etc.).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of Dushanbe/Tajikistan time.
CVs must be delivered electronically to the email address specified below by November 7, 2022 (17:00 p.m.).
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17