REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (Assignment Title: Hydropower Construction Management Expert)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Republic of Tajikistan
Project Management Group
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (Rogun PMG)
Assignment Title: Hydropower Construction Management Expert
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/IC/9
The Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services of Hydropower Construction Management Expert.
The main task carried out by Hydropower Construction Management Expert is to review of Program of Works and impoundment program, review of interfaces between the different Lots and identification of critical aspects, identify potential optimizations, review overall quality of construction works and quality assurance mechanism in place, site inspection and checking adequacy of construction operations with Employer’s requirements and Contractor’s method statements, etc.
The Terms of Reference for the assignment can be found at the following link:
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or related fields.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- 25 years of overall experience in relevant professional field.
- 20 years of experience in construction management and contract management of hydropower projects, with at least 5 years on site in a significant supervisory role.
- Knowledge of concrete technology.
- Experience with construction of major underground works.
- At least one previous experience as POE member on a large hydropower project.
- At least one (1) project with embankment dam more than 150m high.
- At least one (1) project with tunnels of diameters greater than 15 m.
- At least one (1) project with installed power plant capacity greater than 2,000 MW.
The Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, copy of documents evidencing appropriate qualifications and skills, experience and competence related to the task, description of similar tasks performed, references, etc.).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of Dushanbe/Tajikistan time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below by August 12 , 2022 (17:00 p.m.).
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17