REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EXTENSION) (CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EXTENSION)
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Assignment Title: Update of Environmental and Social Instruments of Rogun Project and Support to Rogun Implementing Entity
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/CQBS/01
Republic of Tajikistan
Project Management Group
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (Rogun PMG)
Consulting services for Update of Environmental and Social Instruments of Rogun Project and Support to Rogun Implementing Entity
Contract reference: RHPP/CS/CQBS/01
The Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: Update of Environmental and Social Instruments of Rogun Project and Support to Rogun Implementing Entity. The objective of this assignment is to assist Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan in completing the requirements of the updated Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP), in particular those that require additional studies in preparation for reservoir filling and that require development of management plans and procedures to guide its own supervision of construction and to guide contractors in their planning and performance. It will include the following main tasks:
- Assist Rogun JSC with modification of contracts with EPC contractors, non-EPC contractors, and the Employer’s Representative to include relevant E&S safeguard requirements that comply with the applicable standards.
- Assist Rogun JSC in developing a Contractor Management Plan.
- Support Rogun JSC in updating the 2014 ESIA, including a nontechnical executive summary.
- Assist Rogun JSC and the Resettlement Unit in developing, or revising if plans already exist.
- Assist Rogun JSC in reviewing and commenting on E&S management plans and procedures of the non-EPC contractors.
- Assist Rogun JSC in supervising the performance of the Employer’s Representative, which will itself by supervising E&S performance of the EPC Contractors.
- Assist Rogun JSC in preparing a Biodiversity Management Plan.
- Conduct a final audit of Phase 1 RAP implementation and an audit of resettlement and livelihood restoration completed to date under the Phase 2 RAP to identify areas where the program has and has not accomplished its goals and been fully compliant with applicable standards.
- Other tasks detailed in the TOR.
The Terms of Reference (TOR) for the primary procurement stage for the assignment are attached to this request for expressions of interest and can be found at the following link:
The Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality-And-Cost Based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained via e-mail given below.
Expressions of interest must be prepared in English and submitted electronically (in PDF format) to the email addresses mentioned below by 17:00 of Dushanbe local time on June 6, 2022.
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17